What is the ICT for Women?
What is ICT for Women?
ICT for Women is a project for the development of women in
the Information and communication technology (ICT) sector.
The overall objective of the project is to promote sustainable
development for women through empowering women to set up their
own small businesses or progress in their careers. Such a
project is critical for providing women the knowledge and
skills an appropriate platform, resources and capacities to
compete in the ICT sector at the national and regional levels.
The project will create a niche of developed female small
business entrepreneurs who will have the knowledge and skills
to tackle the challenges of the ICT market. This project will
generate employment opportunities as well as add more chance
for these women to advance in their careers or to be employed
after acquiring the new skills. The project proposes two modules
on socio-economic indicators, educating women in ICT and reducing
unemployment and small business failure, to be piloted in
greater governorate of Egypt (Cairo, Qaliobeya, & Giza).
- To empower women small business entrepreneurs through
developing their knowledge and professional skills in
- To help generate business opportunities for women
- To help accelerate the development of women's small
businesses and ensure their effective contribution to
the country's socio-economic growth
- Establish and develop state-of-the-art e-Learning
facilities and systems for training female small business
entrepreneurs through the capacity build-up of the local
e- Learning service providers.
- Establish a training content resource pool of localized
training course material together with already existing
online courses to support knowledge development and
professional skill development of female small business
entrepreneurs. Develop web-based versions for the courses
that do not have a web based version.
- Acquire a Learning Management System.
- Guide and teach project training supervisors of the
prospective training center on e-Learning systems and
procedures. Have a team of supervisors to monitor the
work groups of women and ensure they are working in
the right manner as well as drive them towards the appropriate
direction according to the market demand and needs.
- Create a knowledge portal to benefit women.
- Promote the National Council for Women to ensure
the proper awareness of the female entrepreneur or unemployed
females who are interested in ICT field, to maximize
the utilization of their outputs and ensure their impact
on the female population. Thus creating a niche of female
entrepreneurs who want to work in the IT field .
- Provide operate, and manage an efficient and effective
e-Learning services to female small business entrepreneurs
through the National Council for Women.
- Women. will develop ICT products to sell in the ICT
- The project is aimed at women aged 25-35 years.
- The women entrepreneurs residence in the Greater
Cairo Governorates (Cairo, Giza, Qalioubeya).
- The women who have a BSc. or BA in any field.
- The women who have good working knowledge of windows,
MS office, and surfing the net.
- Women who are unemployed (unemployed women are also
- Women with interest in starting their own business.
- GUI Design
- Macromedia Flash MX 4
- Multimedia Specialist:
- Multimedia Concept and Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects:
- Adobe Premiere:
- Macromedia Flash MX
- 3D Studio Ma
Information and Telecommunication:
- Network Essentials:
- Network Plus
- TCP/IP Protocols:
- Network Systems Management
- ISDN Concepts and Networking
S/W developer or programmer:
C IN 21 DAYS
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Object Oriented Program using C++
- RDBMS Fundamentals: Database Principles
- SQL Server 7
- Hyper Text Markup Language "HTML"
- Extensible Markup Language "XML"
- Java scripts
- Database Concept & Design
- Active Server Pages "ASP"
- Dream Waver MX
- File Transfer Protocol "FTP"
- Web Administration